The CISCO Mediator enables the integration of the Encelium Energy Management System (EMS) with other compatible CISCO Mediator building automation systems.
EMS operates autonomously while lighting status, lighting levels and occupancy information are all shared and may be controlled via CISCO Mediator. The Mediator powers an energy-efficient intranet by enabling, converging, and balancing four key elements: building systems, IT, energy supply, and energy demand.
The integration of these disparate systems onto an IP network leads to a truly converged, energy-efficient building. This interoperability with the CISCO Mediator will enable easier integration of lighting with HVAC and other building systems thus contributing to lower operating costs and improved ROI .
CISCO Mediator Integration:
- Enables switching and dimming control
- Provides load shedding control over the lighting energy load (including load shedding based on a demand response signal)
- EMS provides information about the estimated amount of lighting energy load available for reduction, either by selected groups (Group Sheddable Load) or in total load (Sheddable Load). In turn, load shedding requests can be made for each selected group individually or EMS can initiate prioritized load shedding by predefined zones through a single request to reduce the total lighting energy load.
- Both types of load shed requests can be defined in either Watts to achieve precise load reduction or by the common method of shedding by a percentage of the current lighting load.
- Notifies EMS of an emergency to turn all lights on
- Notifies Mediator of an emergency through connected fire alarm input to turn all
- Shares occupancy information obtained by EMS to integrate HVAC control with